Making Big Changes
As I shared on previous shows, my team at The Financial Gym, the company I started, has set a major goal in an effort to attract venture capital investors and we need your help to accomplish it. In two months, we plan to sign up 165 new clients of The Financial Gym. If you’ve ever thought about joining or know someone who could use the personalized attention of my financial fitness trainers to achieve their financial goals, send them to financialgym.com/friends to sign up today.
We launched this effort a few weeks back and we’ve had over 50 new clients join the gym and I have to tell you that all of our new clients make me thankful we’re here and doing what we’re doing. We’ve had people join who are under invested in their 401ks, people who have spent their way into 10s of thousands of dollars of credit card debt, people who were being counseled into bankruptcy and people currently working with financial advisors who are not helping them with their total journey. I’m thankful I’ve created a financial services business that cares for people of all financial shapes and sizes. So thank you for sending people our way and I hope you continue to do so knowing that we will take great care of them. So go to or send friends to financialgym.com/friends and get started on achieving your financial dreams today!
On this episode of Martinis and Your Money, I am talking to Casey DeStefano, mentor, coach and host of the Women with Balls… in the Air podcast, about preparing yourself for making big changes in your life and having the guts to do it. I hope this conversation inspires you to do just that! Cheers!
What are we drinking?
Casey — Bacardi & Coke
Shannon — Deep Eddy Grapefruit vodka & club soda
- Casey started her career as television/film producer & director.
- After having her children and taking time off, she started her own production company.
- Both Casey and Shannon’s businesses were built by bartering services at first.
- Casey aims to help women take back their lives.
- She says fear is the main reason for why women are not succeeding and you must wage a war on it!
- Her fear-fighting strategy is:
- Know the enemy and that the enemy has a secret weapon called the ‘comfort zone’
- Use your own secret weapon – your passion
- Shannon discusses how she experiences fear all the time but she pushes through.
- Being scared doesn’t mean you don’t have courage to do the things you’re frightened of.
- You have to re-train your brain by becoming aware that fear is okay and you can conquer it.
- You must look at your comfort zone as a refueling zone instead of as a permanent place to hangout.
- Shannon asks Casey how to help someone who has no idea what their passion is in life and has no idea how to find it.
- Shannon was in her 30s before she figured out her passion!
- Don’t be afraid to do what you are passionate about and stop caring what anyone else thinks.
- Casey talks about people are afraid of the word ‘no’ but hearing no builds character.
- Failure is the strongest lesson in life.
- There are so many things that make us afraid so it is so important to have a solution to beat that fear.
- Casey is offering Martinis and Your Money listeners a free 30-minute coaching call on fear and strategizing how to achieve any goal you have – visit com/rock2017 to book your consult!
- TAKEAWAY: Don’t be afraid of making leaps and taking chances, you can truly always go backward or overcome a financial setback it might lead to, but you will never know what could have been unless you make that leap!
Random Three Questions
- What is your big goal for 2017?
- What do you do to relax?
- If you won a million dollars what would you do with it?
Connect with Casey:
Don’t forget to help my financial gym team achieve our big goal of 165 new clients in two months and go to financialgym.com/friends to sign up today!