Backpack to Airbnb
Today I am chatting with my friend Paula Pant from the site Afford Anything. After working for a newspaper for three years after college, Paula packed her bags and spent two years traveling the world. After her world adventure ended, Paula settled in Atlanta, GA, worked on building an online business and began investing in real estate.
What We’re Drinking
Dirty Vodka Martinis
- 2 oz of Vodka (we like Tito’s)
- Splash of Dry Vermouth (about a capful)
- 1/2 oz of Olive Juice
- Gorgonzola Stuffed Olives (you can make these yourself with softened gorgonzola and large olives)
Shake vodka, vermouth and olive juice on ice, pour into glass and serve with olives
- If you want a $400 martini, check out the Czar Martini at Czar Bar in Atlanta
- Paula explains why she purchased a one-way ticket to Cairo three years after she graduated college
- Paula shares how you can make a small travel budget last
- After traveling the world for two years, Paula settled in Atlanta, GA and she explains why she ended up in Atlanta and where she plans to go next
- Paula tells us how she went from making $31,000 a year to over six figures
- Paula shares why people are wrong when they think real estate investing is like getting tied down
- Paula talks about all of her properties and her strategies for keeping her vacancies low
- Paula shares her best tenant experience and her worst
- Paula explains the ups and downs of being an Airbnb host
Random 3 Questions Paula Answered:
- What’s your biggest financial regret?
- What’s your favorite cheap travel destination?
- What is a bucket list item you would like to accomplish?