Top Ten Things I Am Grateful For
In honor of Thanksgiving next week, I thought I would take this time to share with you what I am most thankful for this year.
10) Getting to see Bon Jovi in concert – It’s my all-time favorite band, and they never disappoint.
9) TJ Maxx – I honestly do not know what I would do without such an awesome store that helps me look great whether for work or the weekend and at such amazing prices!
8) Sephora – I just turned 35 this year, and I have people tell me I have great skin all the time. It is only because I partake in regular and “free” facials at Sephora.
7) Becoming a better cook – My husband has historically been the family “chef,” but over the last year, I have challenged myself to create new, yummy and affordable meals, and I have done a good job of it! In fact, look out in 2014 for my Financially Fit Foodie series.
6) My first book – I can’t believe I wrote a book! It’s not War and Peace or anything, but I have had a number of people tell me that it helped them, and that means the world to me.
5) My new company – I feel so blessed that I get to help people and do what I love every single day. There is nothing greater than to love what you do!
4) My friends – They make my life more rich just by having them in it. I am constantly learning from them, impressed by them, and amused by them.
3) My family – We had a number of deaths in my family this year, and as we are winding down to the end of the year, I am extremely thankful to those who are still with me, and for continuously showing me how to move on in life no matter what hardships may come your way.
2) My funny son – He has his challenges and struggles as a child with ADHD, but he works hard and with humor to be successful in anyway he can be. I almost put a bag in the trash that had money in it (I was unaware of the money), he found the money and told me it would not be very “financially fit” to throw away money. Touché!
1) My supportive husband – It’s easy to love and support someone in the good times and when everyone is “at their best.” But it takes a true man and partner to love someone through bad times or when she is at her worst. Thank you Bill!