Credit Card Churning
Today I have my friend, Holly Johnson, from Club Thrifty and Travel Blue Book on the podcast to talk about credit card churning. For those who are not already is debt trouble and have excellent credit scores, credit card churning is a great way to travel and accomplish other life goals for essentially no costs to you. In my mind, Holly is a master of credit card churning and if this is something you are thinking about doing, this is a conversation you don’t want to miss!
What Are We Drinking?
Holly and I are both drinking Gin and Tonic
Pour over ice 3 oz of Gin, add 4 oz of tonic and garnish with a lime
- Holly got into travel rewards because she is cheap and doesn’t want to pay for travel
- Holly revealed that she and her husband Greg have churned 55 credit cards to date
- Identifying your travel goals is the first step you should take before beginning credit card churning
- Holly shares what she thinks are good sign up bonuses
- Holly shares the credit score you need to get cards and reveals her own credit score
- Holly explains her system for managing her card usage and spending
- Holly shares some of the locations she has traveled to using rewards and how she did it
- Holly now offers free travel advice on her website and you can check her out here
Random Three Questions Holly Answered
- What is a trait of yours that you hope your daughter’s get?
- When was the last time you splurged and what did you splurge on?
- What’s your favorite vegan dish to make?
Have you churned credit cards? If so, what was your favorite churning experience? If not, what’s keeping you from trying it?