From Sofa to Success
Today I am talking to my 26-year old sister Megan who has had quite the interesting career path since graduating from college three years ago. Like many of Megan’s peers, Megan graduated without any job offers and essentially no job prospects. She returned home and developed a case of what she and her friends called “PGD” or Post Grad Depression. Not long after she developed PGD, my dad informed her that she had until the end of August to find a job and move out, and for those of you who don’t know my dad, he was not kidding with this threat.
What are We Drinking?
TBC = True Blood Cocktail
The summer of Megan’s Junior year of college, she had an internship and lived in NYC; however, every Sunday she would take the train up to the suburbs where I lived, eat dinner with us and watch True Blood. If you haven’t seen the show True Blood, it’s about vampires among us and to keep from feeding on people, they drink this concoction called True Blood which is synthetic blood. So my hubby created a cocktail that looked like the synthetic blood and we called it the True Blood Cocktail or TBC. It is incredibly yummy and definitely fun to drink while watching vampires.
2 oz Vodka
1 oz Chambord
1 oz St. Germain (elderflower liquor)
Splash of sparkling wine
You shake the first three ingredients together over ice, pour into martini glass and top with sparkling wine. Cheers!
- Megan talks about what it was like to graduate from college without a job and an ultimatum from her dad
- Megan shares her experiences in her first job out of college and how that led to a job at a dream company for her
- We discuss the importance of being a self-advocate in the workplace even if it’s an uncomfortable role to play
- Megan shares a recent setback and how she managed through it without burning any bridges along the way
Random Three Questions:
- What is your favorite place to discount shop?
- What is your guilty pleasure movie?
- What is your favorite cheap NYC activity?