Frugal and Fabulous
On today’s podcast, I speak with Mr. and Mrs. Frugalwoods from the personal finance blog, Frugalwoods. They are on the path to financial freedom by the age of 33, which for them is only three years away. I had a lot of great takeaways from this chat, but my favorite quote from Mrs. Frugalwoods to describe the two of them was, “We are frugal weirdos and proud!”
The frugal-tini is essentially a gimlet, and it’s the most frugal martini I could think of as it only requires gin or vodka and a lime.
- 2 oz of Gin or Vodka
- 1 oz of fresh lime juice
Shake on ice and serve in a martini glass
*If you want to make a non-alchoholic version of this, you can just shake up some limeade on ice and it will taste about the same.
Mr. and Mrs. Frugalwoods share a number of things including:
- How they met each other and when their frugality started
- The anticipated location of their future homestead and what they plan to do on it
- Why they’re lifestyle is “alternative” when it shouldn’t be
- Why goal setting is so important in the pursuit of financial freedom
- How much they think they will live on when they are financially free
Random Three Questions Answered by The Frugalwoods
- Describe the perfect Frugalwoods date?
- What is the best gift you ever received from the other person?
- What is your favorite movie or tv show to watch?
PS: Here is the pic of the necklace Mrs. Frugalwoods referenced.