Frugal and Fabulous Replay
My friends Mr. and Mrs. Frugalwoods may have recently reached official Frugal Rockstar Status with their feature on Forbes; however, before their rise to Frugal Fame, they sat down to talk about their journey to financial independence by 33 on my podcast.
Since I am on vacation from blogging and podcasting for two weeks, I am replaying two of my favorite episodes and the conversation with Mr. and Mrs. Frugalwoods is one of those. I really enjoyed hearing about their journey and discussing why frugality isn’t as mainstream as it should be. If you haven’t heard this yet, I hope you enjoy it and if you have, it’s worth a re-listen. Below are the notes from when this originally aired in November 2014.
What are we drinking?
The frugal-tini is essentially a gimlet, and it’s the most frugal martini I could think of as it only requires gin or vodka and a lime.
- 2 oz of Gin or Vodka
- 1 oz of fresh lime juice
Shake on ice and serve in a martini glass
*If you want to make a non-alchoholic version of this, you can just shake up some limeade on ice and it will taste about the same.
Mr. and Mrs. Frugalwoods share a number of things including:
- How they met each other and when their frugality started
- The anticipated location of their future homestead and what they plan to do on it
- Why they’re lifestyle is “alternative” when it shouldn’t be
- Why goal setting is so important in the pursuit of financial freedom
- How much they think they will live on when they are financially free
Random Three Questions Answered by The Frugalwoods
- Describe the perfect Frugalwoods date?
- What is the best gift you ever received from the other person?
- What is your favorite movie or tv show to watch?
PS: Here is the pic of the necklace Mrs. Frugalwoods referenced.