Frugal Holiday Tips – Happy Hour Style
Today is the last Friday of the month and in case you are new to this blog or my podcast, on the last Friday of the month I host a happy hour on my podcast where me and the happy hour ladies talk about various money topics. In anticipation of the holiday season, we are sharing some of our best holiday tips to save money on shopping and entertaining.
What are we drinking?
Melanie from Dear Debt – Cabernet/Merlot Blend
Tonya from Budget and the Beach – Dead Guy Ale
Mrs. Frugalwoods from Frugalwoods.com – Decaffeinated Chai Tea Latte
Shannon – Bota Box Red Wine
- Money saving tips on gifts for the holidays
- Melanie takes the radical approach. She hasn’t purchased gifts for anyone for years. She schedules time with people instead.
- Shannon and her husband are using the 4 gift strategy for her son this Christmas 1) Something you want 2) Something you need 3) Something you wear 4) Something you read
- Tonya’s favorite holiday is Thanksgiving and wishes Christmas was more like that as far as giving less gifts. She suggests the White Elephant party to save money and have fun.
- Mr. and Mrs. Frugalwoods don’t exchange gifts but give gifts to family. She frequently finds gifts at thrift stores or uses Amazon cash back rewards.
- Shannon talks about how you can be the one to bring up gift giving changes with your family
- Melanie suggests creating useful coupons for people
- Frugalwoods suggests baking for people
- We share some holiday entertaining tips
- We discuss our best and worst gifts
- Here are some of them