Frugal Travel Tips
It’s the last Friday of the month, which means it’s Happy Hour Friday on my podcast. In this episode, me and the ladies chat about frugal travel tips and share some great travel stories. There is really a lot of great information and of course funny stories in this episode, and I hope you enjoy!
What are we drinking?
Melanie from Dear Debt – Poor Man’s Hot Toddy or “The Healer” as she calls it
Tonya from Budget and the Beach – 3 Wishes Cabernet that she bought for $2.48
Mrs. Frugalwoods from Frugalwoods.com – Seltzer
Shannon – a mini of Cavit Pinot Grigio for $2.99
- Shannon shared one of her favorite trips and the first frugal travel tip which is have someone else pay for the trip 🙂
- The best time to fly internationally from the US is during Thanksgiving week. Most people are traveling within the states, so you can find great deals if you leave the states.
- When you plan your trip, try to be destination flexible, by expanding your options you open yourself up to finding great deals
- If possible, you should be calendar agnostic when you book trips. The more flexible your travel dates, the better the deals.
- Try to live like a local as much as possible when you travel and avoid tourist traps
- Bring foods with you or buy from local stores to save on restaurant costs
- No matter where you go or what you do, you should have the patience to save up for trips so that you can experience as much as possible when you are there.
- If you have the right credit scores and good spending discipline, you should try credit card hacking to help you pay for hotels, flights and more
- It’s grim to think about, but sometimes you find really great deals after disasters
- When all else fails, enjoy the benefits of your own backyard and travel locally, cheaply
- We all share our cheapest but most fun vacations