Icebreaker Questions with the Happy Hour Ladies
Today is the last Friday of the month and my regular listeners know that on the last Friday of the month, I host a happy hour, where I gather great friends to drink cheap drinks and talk about money topics.
What are we drinking?
Melanie from Dear Debt — Ace Pumpkin Craft Cider
Tonya from Budget and the Beach — Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Liz, Mrs. Frugalwoods, from Frugalwoods.com — Bota Box Nighthawk Black Red Wine Blend
Shannon — Bota Box Malbec
- Last month’s Happy Hour was about mental health awareness and prevention and Shannon decided to have a fun, lighthearted discussion today.
- Shannon found these questions to help listeners get to know the Happy Hour ladies better.
- What is an article of clothing someone could wear that would make you walk out on a date with them?
- Melanie: Suspenders (withdrawn); MAGA hat (Make America Great Again)
- Tonya: Wife beater tank top and/or jorts, or socks with sandals
- Liz: Tee shirt with an offensive slogan
- Shannon: Bow tie
- The zombie apocalypse is coming. Who are three people you want on your team?
- Melanie: Unsure
- Tonya: MacGyver and Ryan Reynolds
- Liz: Her husband, Nate, and two kids
- Shannon: Doesn’t want to survive and live off the land; if she had to pick, her brother-in-law, Ben
- What is your most used emoji?
- Melanie: Cry-laughing emoji
- Tonya: Tongue sticking out
- Liz: Cry-laughing emoji
- Shannon: Kissy face and prayer hands
- What is the worst style choice you’ve ever made?
- Melanie: Overalls and oversized Gap sweaters
- Tonya: Shoulder pads
- Liz: Everything she wore in 7th grade
- Shannon: Shoulder pads, layers of scrunchy socks, and most other middle school choices
- What was the worst haircut/style you ever had?
- Melanie: When she used too much Sun-In at age 13; When she tried bangs a few years ago and cut her them too short
- Tonya: Permed, wavy hair; hair wings
- Liz: Hair down to her waist; sprayed, curled bangs
- Shannon: Teased/sprayed bangs and the time she cut her own bangs when her hair was wet
- Who was your favorite actor/actress crush?
- Melanie: Joey Lawrence and Jonathan Taylor Thomas
- Tonya: Anybody in the Outsiders (Rob Lowe, Ralph Macchio, C. Thomas Howell, Patrick Swayze, Emilio Estavez, Tom Cruise, Matt Dillon)
- Liz: Jonathan Taylor Thomas, Joshua Jackson, Prince William
- Shannon: Kirk Cameron, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, the actors in the Outsiders
- If you were a wrestler, what would be your entrance theme song?
- Melanie: Super Freak
- Tonya: Another One Bites the Dust
- Liz: Bach’s Harpsichord Concerto
- Shannon: For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)
- Have you ever been told you look like someone famous?
- Melanie: Brooke Shields in Blue Lagoon; Kate Blanchett
- Tonya: Molly Shannon
- Liz: Mrs. Frugalwoods
- Shannon: No one
- Did you have a name for your first car?
- Melanie: None
- Tonya: Rabbit
- Liz: current – Snowdrop and The Truck
- Shannon: Marty (1980 Chevy Cavalier)
- If a movie was made of your life, what genre would it be and who would play you?
- Melanie: Indie comedic drama; Greta Gerwig
- Tonya: Indie comedic dramedy; Emma Stone
- Liz: Western, like Little House on the Prairie
- Shannon: Comedy; Amy Schumer
- If you were famous, what would you be famous for?
- Melanie: Lola Retreat and the things she is doing to mobilize women and money; to become a prominent thought-leader in mental health and money
- Tonya: Acting
- Liz: As the mom of her kids (i.e., the president’s mom)
- Shannon: Financial Gym; for changing the financial services industry
- You have to sing karaoke. What song do you pick?
- Melanie: Just a Girl, by No Doubt
- Tonya: I Want You to Want Me, by Cheap Trick; The House that Built Me, by Miranda Lambert; Portion for Foxes, by Rilo Kiley
- Liz: Anything from Les Misérables; Jolene, by Dolly Parton; Lonestar, by Norah Jones; Silver Lining, by Rilo Kiley
- Shannon: You’re So Vain, by Carly Simon
- What was your least favorite food as a child, and do you still hate it now?
- Melanie: Mayonnaise, mustard, pickles, and olives; she still hates them all
- Tonya: Brussel sprouts; she likes them when they are cooked right
- Liz: Powdered milk; she still hates it
- Shannon: Her mom’s meatloaf; she likes ketchup-based meatloaf
- If you were left on a deserted island with either your worst enemy or no one, which would you choose?
- Melanie: Worst enemy
- Tonya: Worst enemy
- Liz: Worst enemy
- Shannon: Worst enemy – she would use the time to make things right
- If aliens landed on earth tomorrow and offered to take you home with them, would you go?
- Melanie: No
- Tonya: No
- Liz: No
- Shannon: No
- Sixties, seventies, eighties, or nineties, what decade do you love most?
- Melanie: The 90s for music
- Tonya: The 60s for music
- Liz: The 60s for fashion and music
- Shannon: the 80s for music
- What is your favorite sandwich and why?
- Melanie: Grilled cheese with brie
- Tonya: Grilled cheese with artisanal bread
- Liz: Grilled cheese with mayonnaise
- Shannon: Grilled cheese; When she was pregnant with Will, it was all she could eat the first trimester
If you need help getting your finances in order, I hope you’ll reach out to my team at the Financial Gym. There’s no better time than now, so head over, or send friends to, financialgym.com to sign up today.
If you have any topics you would like for us to talk about during happy hour, please feel free to email me at email@example.com or tweet to me at blonde_finance or join the private martinis and your money Facebook group and let us know. Until next time, take care!!