Common Investing Questions
Today I am talking to my good friend and west coast alter ego, Shannon from The Heavy Purse. Shannon is a CFP and practicing financial advisor for the last 23 years, and through our blog friendship, we have realized that we share many things in common. We not only share the same name, but we have the same job, we both have blonde hair, we have children the same age and we have worked in a male-dominated profession our entire career.
We have both witnessed stress and confusion from clients who did not understand their previous financial advisors, and a large part of our job revolves around helping clients understand their money and investments better. In this episode, we will explain some common areas of confusion like risk exposure, asset allocation, ETFs and more.
Since we both love pink, we decided to drink the classic Cosmo during our recording. Here is the recipe:
- 2 ounces vodka (I prefer Citron if you have it)
- 1/2 ounce triple sec (or any other orange liquor)
- 3/4 ounce cranberry juice
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
Combine all ingredients in a shaker with some ice. Shake and serve cold with a lemon peel if you like.
- Shannon explains how she has held leadership positions in her career and what she discovered about other advisors over that time.
- We discuss why you may not understand your current financial advisor
- Shannon shares her main concern for clients
- We talk about how you should manage your investments and your emotions
- We explain a number of investing topics that clients typically get confused about
Shannon Answered These Random 3 Questions
- Have you ever fired a client or wanted to fire a client?
- If you could live anywhere in the country, where would you live and why?
- Did you always like the name Shannon?
What investing terms confused you in the past? What questions would you have for a financial advisor?