So I found out this week that I was nominated by not one blogger but two for a Liebster Award, which was created to help support new bloggers. Michelle at Fit is the New Poor and Petrish at Debt Free Martini thank you both for thinking of me and supporting my blog. The rules of the award are as follows:
If you are nominated for a Liebster award this is what you should do:
1. Post the award on your blog
2. Thank the blogger who presented the award to you and link back to their blog
3. Answer the questions given to you by the nominator
4. Nominate 5 to 10 bloggers with less than 200 followers
5. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer
6. Notify your nominees by posting on their blog
Since both Michelle and Petrish asked questions, I will answer both here below.
Questions from Michelle at Fit is the New Poor
1. This or that: Working a crappy job but being rich the rest of your life. OR Working a great job but just barely getting by? Working a great job but just barely getting by. I have done both, so the answer was easy.
2. Could you realistically go a month without the internet? Yes, and I would love it.
3. If you were given 100k to go back to school, what would you study? I would study psychology since I seem to use that more than anything in my day to day life.
4. How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood? He’d (or she’d) chuck the wood that a woodchuck COULD chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood.
5. What is your favorite joke? A neutron walks into a bar and says “How much for a martini?” and the bartender says, “For you, no charge.”
6. I need book recommendations. What was the last (non-PF) related book you read? I like romance novels, particularly anything written by Kristen Ashley. My favorite book of hers would have to be, Breathe.
7. If you could banish bloggers from blogging about one thing, what would it be? I wouldn’t. I believe in free speech. If I don’t like what they are writing, I can just not visit the site.
8. What game show (past or present) would you most like to compete on? Hollywood Squares
9. Describe your weird and freaky talent that not many people know about. I can play the clarinet.
10. If you could win one virtual or IRL award, what would it be? Hmm, not sure, I am just happy to be doing my thing.
Questions from Petrish at Debt Free Martini
- What is your favorite thing about yourself? I am at my happiest when I am helping others.
- What is your greatest accomplishment? My son.
- If you could do anything for a living and money wasn’t an issue, what would you do? I would do exactly what I am doing now. 🙂
- What in life is holding you back from living your dreams? Nothing, I decided to take the leap last year and despite being scared, I have never been happier.
- If you could take the vacation of a lifetime where would you go and why? On an Alaskan cruise. I love a vacation where I can wear sweaters vs. swimsuits.
- Where is the best place you have traveled? Lake Como, Italy
- What inspires you to blog? Helping other people make smart choices
- When you first started your blog what was the purpose of creating it? I wanted to help other people make smart financial choices.
- How has blogging enhanced your life? It has connected me with so many wonderful people that I never would have met otherwise.
- If you won a million bucks what would you do with it? I would fund the rest of my son’s college account (which at the rate of tuition increases would probably take most of this) then I would fund a non-profit dedicated to providing financial literacy courses in schools in low income areas.
So here are the blogs that I would nominate for this award, I am not sure what your blog following looks like exactly, but we can all always use new followers, right? So here are five that I think have not yet been nominated.
- Liz at Budgeting for More
- Mel at Broke Girl Rich
- Natalie at Finance Girl
- Raquel at Practical Cents
- Dave at The New York Budget
Here are my ten questions for them.
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your greatest accomplishment to date?
- What gets you going in the morning?
- What is at the top of your bucket list?
- What is your favorite color?
- What was your first job?
- What is your favorite t.v. show?
- Netflix or Hulu Plus?
- Have you ever met a celebrity? If so, did you play it cool?
- If you won enough money to not have to work tomorrow, what would you do with your life?