Making Money Funny
Today I am talking to Colin Ryan who started out as a freelance writer and stand-up comedian but is now a motivational speaker who helps people improve their relationship with money through comedy.
What We’re Drinking
Colin – Jameson and Ginger
Shannon – Deep Eddy’s Cosmo
- 2 oz of Deep Eddy’s Cranberry Vodka
- Splash of Lime Juice
- Colin explains how he transitioned from a comedian to a money expert for high school kids
- Colin gives his opinion on high school students as an audience for stand up comedians and who he thinks is the roughest audience member
- Colin explains why he thinks money behaviors are a lot like the marshmallow test
- Happy Money is a book that he recommends
- Colin has spoken to all different groups about money and he shares his most unique audience to-date
Random Three Questions Colin Answered:
- What is a joke that you tell that always makes people laugh?
- Who is your favorite stand up comedian?
- What is a fear that you plan to tackle next?
Did someone talk to you about money in high school? If not, do you wish they did?