Money and Happiness
On today’s podcast, I chat with JD Roth, the founder of the personal finance site, Get Rich Slowly. I met JD at FinCon, the financial blogger’s conference, in September and we had lots of great chats about life, money and happiness. So I wanted to continue some of those conversations on my podcast.
- 2 oz pomegranate flavored vodka (or citrus or regular)
- 1/2 oz fresh lime juice
- 1/4 oz pomegranate juice
- 3 parts Tequila
- 2 parts orange liquor (triple sec or cuantro )
- 1 part lime juice
- JD talks about his personal finance journey
- Why he started his site, Get Rich Slowly
- JD shares his history of getting into debt problems
- We talk about what JD is working on now and his future plans
- JD shares his pursuit to find happiness and where he finds it now
Books Mentioned in the Podcast
- Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey
- Your Money or Your Life by Joe Dominguez and Vicky Robin
- Happiness by Matthieu Ricard
Random 3 Questions Answered by JD
- If you were out for brunch, what would you order?
- What is your favorite whiskey to drink and why?
- Do you have any regrets in life? If so, what’s your biggest?