Money Talk with the Money Queen
Today I’m talking to Cary Carbonaro, a Certified Financial Planner, and author of the bestselling book, The Money Queen’s Guide: For Women Who Want to Build Wealth and Banish Fear. I was fortunate to receive an advance copy of Cary’s book and read it before our interview, and I really enjoyed it. Cary’s focus for the book and in her practice is to help women with money, but I truly believe that this book and our conversation will benefit anyone who doesn’t feel in control of their finances.
What are we drinking?
Cary Carbonaro – Pumpkin Spice Martini
1.5 ounces Vanilla Vodka
1.5 ounces Irish Cream Liquor (like Baileys)
1.5 ounces Pumpkin Flavored Liquor (like Hiram Walker)
Combine all ingredients, shake over ice, pour into martini glass, top with cinnamon or nutmeg
Shannon – Chai Martini
2 ounces Vanilla Vodka
2 ounces Almond Milk
3 ounces Chai mix
Combine all ingredients, shake over ice, pour into martini, top with cinnamon
- Cary shares some of her background and history and how she ended up becoming a financial planner
- Cary talks about why she wrote her book and her overall passion in life
- Cary wants to teach women how to be financially free and have the ability to rely on themselves
- Whether or not you think money or talks around money are important, it is and you owe it to yourself to have a conversation
- Not being materialistic has nothing to do with money and why you should pay attention to it
- Cary breaks down her book on financial planning through decades or life events and she explains why she took this approach
- Cary explains where the Money Queen title comes from
- Cary talks about why women have a fear of going broke
- Cary shares the top ten things that you need to know about money
Random Three Questions Cary Answered:
- Did you have a positive female mentor?
- What’s the best investment advice that you give?
- What is your favorite food to eat?