Money Types and Your Worth
As a side note: the first Financial Gym location has opened in New York City at 226 5th Avenue, 5th Floor. Please stop by and have a drink with us if you are in the area or check out The Financial Gym online for its tools and resources to help you break free from your financial challenges and live a financially healthier life! We’ll kick your assets into shape!
What are we drinking?
Amanda — Coffee
Shannon — Coffee
- Amanda is a 39-year-old single mom, and she was raised by a single mom.
- She discovered software programming at a young age and that she had a brain for it.
- At the same time, she did everything she could to meet the one and did so by age 23.
- While that relationship didn’t work out, now 8 years later she runs a company that helps women gain control of their finances and discover what it means to have “agency.”
- Shannon asks Amanda why she thinks larger companies can’t figure out how to target women.
- Shannon and Amanda discuss how finance is often emotional for women and not as emotional for men.
- Amanda wrote her book Worth It because she believed financial services used confusing language, and she wanted to make finance easy to understand.
- Both Amanda and Shannon are fans of entrepreneurship.
- Amanda discusses her “roots and wings” philosophy about women and investing.
- She discusses the MoneyType assessment and advises Shannon and others to take it.
- This assessment reveals how your values impact your money and gives you insights into how you think about and manage money.
- It reveals your strengths and your sabotage patterns.
- Amanda advises anyone financially confused to start with their net worth and start with the idea of moving it positive.
- Shannon asks Amanda what she thinks about the evolution of money types.
Random Three Questions
- What is your biggest money regret?
- What is your favorite show to binge-watch?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
Connect with Amanda: