Overcoming Financial Challenges
On Monday I announced the launch of my new company, The Financial Gym, and getting to the point of launching this company has certainly been one of the greatest financial challenges I have faced in my life. So because of this recent challenge that I faced, I thought about asking the Happy Hour Ladies about financial challenges that they have faced. This led to a really great conversation between the four of us, and I hope you’ll listen to it.
What are we drinking?
Melanie from Dear Debt – Cava – a Spanish Sparkling Wine
Tonya from Budget and the Beach – Andre – a California Sparkling Wine
Mrs. Frugalwoods from Frugalwoods – Sparking Grape Juice
Shannon – Piper Heidsieck – My favorite champagne
- The podcast sponsor has now been found – The Financial Gym!!! So check us out!
- Shannon shares some of her story of overcoming financial obstacles to get her new company, The Financial Gym, off the ground
- Melanie talks about overcoming over $80,000 in student loan debt
- Tonya talks about her struggle of pursuing her freelancing career while also living in a high cost of living environment
- Mr. and Mrs. Frugalwoods are planning to move to a homestead in the woods in two years or less. Their biggest challenge is having patience to work in a job environment that they don’t love.
- Melanie talks about the sh&tpiles that everyone has to deal with and not comparing your sh&tpile to someone else’s
- We share our final thoughts:
- Tonya – if you’re going through a challenging time, use that challenge as motivation instead of allowing it to defeat you
- Melanie – remember that your challenge is only temporary
- Mrs. Frugalwoods – don’t be on a martini podcast when you’re pregnant and if you’re going through a tough time, don’t let other people make you feel bad or tell you what to do, follow your heart and what you want
- Shannon – take a moment and give yourself perspective.