Relationships and Money – Happy Hour Style
It’s the last Friday of the month, which means it’s Happy Hour time on my podcast, and this month we are talking relationships and money. As a financial planner, I have a front row seat to couple’s finances and sometimes it’s a great show and sometimes it’s a little painful to watch. Anyone who has been in a relationship more than a few years knows that under the best of circumstances relationships are challenging; however, I have witnessed an even greater challenge when the couple is not on the same page from a financial perspective.
The good news is that like most relationship issues, money problems can be sorted it, it just takes the energy and commitment of both people to make the change; and I can say this honestly because it changed in my relationship. My hubby and I were not always on the same page about money; however, two years ago when we prioritized our lives and our goals, we got on the same page and we have been ever since.
Today, the Happy Hour Ladies and me are going to share some of our relationships and money stories, the good, the bad and the ugly. As always, it’s a lot of fun and I hope you enjoy!
What are we drinking?
Melanie from Dear Debt – Sake
Tonya from Budget and the Beach – Sierra Nevada
Mrs. Frugalwoods from Frugalwoods – Homemade Seltzer (as you might have seen on her blog last week, Mrs. Frugalwoods revealed why she has been rockin’ the selzer lately. We are so thrilled to hear about Babywoods!!!)
Shannon – Cristalino Cava
- Melanie shares her story about seeing Elton John in Las Vegas
- Shannon discusses the cancelled birthday trip she planned for an ex and why it was cancelled
- Tonya talks about the challenges of dating a person whose family has different monetary values
- Amazingly Mr. and Mrs. Frugalwoods were not always as frugal minded as they are now and Mrs. Frugalwoods shares why
- Shannon talks about her money relationship with her hubby and how they changed their ways
- All of the ladies share their thoughts on how to manage relationships and money