The Broke and Beautiful Life
Today, I am talking to Stefanie O’Connell, professional actress and personal finance blogger at The Broke and Beautiful Life. Stefanie has been blogging for a little over two years now about how you can live a great life without a great income, and she should know since she has been working as an actress and living in New York City.
After a little over a year of blogging, a publishing company reached out to Stefanie about writing a book, and now that book, The Broke and Beautiful Life is available for purchase.
Warm Cider Martini
Stefanie likes warm drinks, and I confess to never having a warm martini, but to make my guest comfortable, I found this recipe.
2 oz Warmed Apple Cider
2 oz Vodka
1/2 oz Vanilla Liquor
Dash of Cinnamon
Shake Cider, Vodka and Vanilla Liquor. Pour into martini glass and top with cinnamon.
- Stefanie discusses her journey into personal finance and her reluctance to embrace her “personal finance expert” title
- Stefanie shares how she came up with the book concept
- Shannon shares her favorite part of the book and why it will help others
- Stefanie talks about the importance of pursuing something and having patience to see where the journey will lead.
- Stefanie talked about the Citi bike program, so here’s a link to it
Random 3 Questions Answered by Stefanie
- What’s your favorite cheap NYC activity?
- If you could perform as any character on a Broadway show, who would it be and why?
- What do you like to splurge on?