Thoughts From a Student Loan Hero
Today on the podcast, I am talking to Andy Josuweit, CEO of the company Student Loan Hero. Student Loan Hero is an amazing website with tools and calculators to help you understand your student loans and manage them better. With more than 60% of graduates graduating with student loan debt, this is an important topic for many people, and managing and understanding your student loan debt is key for your overall financial health.
What Are We Drinking?
Andy and I both chose to have vodka drinks. He is drinking Tito’s and I am drinking Deep Eddy’s.
- Andy graduated in 2009 with over $100,000 in undergraduate student loan debt
- Student Loan Hero allows you to input your personal and student loan information and they give you upwards of 70 different repayment options at no cost to you
- Andy shares best practices for dealing with student loan debt once you graduate
- Make sure your information is up to date and that your bills can be sent to you
- Don’t sign up for online statements, make sure you actually receive the paper mail to keep you mindful of your payments
- Consider your repayment options based on your current financial state
- Andy shares his opinion on paying off student loans vs. building wealth
- Shannon shares her opinion on paying off student loans vs. building wealth
- Andy discloses where he’s at with his student loan repayments and the mistakes that he made throughout the repayment process
- Andy shares how he thinks we can combat the growing student loan problem
Random 3 Questions Andy Answered
- How many triathlons have you completed and what’s your favorite one?
- What’s your favorite city to visit?
- If you have to be stuck in an elevator with someone who would it be and why?