Subscribe to the Martinis and Your Money Podcast!
Tips to Start Your Online Business
This week is the two-year blogiversary for my blog, Financially Blonde, and I am so thankful that I took the leap and put myself into the online world because it has changed my life for the better in so many ways. I frequently encourage clients and friends who are thinking about taking on a side hustle or finding a new career to think about starting an online business. So in honor of my blogiversary and to inspire someone looking for a change, today I am talking to Emily Thompson, co-founder of the podcast Being Boss about tips and best practices for anyone who is thinking about an online career path.
What are we drinking?
Emily – Gin and Tonic
Shannon – Gin and Tonic
- Emily discusses how she and her partner Kathleen came up with the idea of Being Boss and how they are helping creative entrepreneurs thrive in their online businesses
- Emily started her her online career with an Etsy storefront, but has been working primarily on her web design and development business, Indie Shopography
- Emily met Kathleen through blogging and Kathleen’s primary company is Braid Creative
- Emily talks about why online businesses make sense
- Emily’s mantra is “test and change” and she believes there is no better way than to test and change a new business than doing it online
- Shannon asks Emily how people who are new to the online business space can break through the noise and be heard
- Emily likes Facebook groups as a way to grow your business and get known as a subject matter expert
- Shannon and Emily both talk about the importance of community and building a tribe to help grow your online business
- Emily shares her thoughts on social media tools for growing your online business
Random Three Questions:
- Who is the best boss you’ve ever had?
- What is your favorite television show past or present?
- Are you an indoors personality or an outdoors personality?
Do you have any online businesses? What tips do you have for starting one?