Top 15 of 2015
Happy New Year everyone!! One of my favorite things about this time of year are the countdowns of the “Best of” the year, so I thought I would round out 2015 sharing with you my top 15 blog posts and top 15 podcasts this year. I not only love reading these type of posts, but I love putting them together. For me, it’s a great time to look back on the past year and remember the highs and lows.
I started out 2015 with the main goal of raising investor money so that I could bring my dream of The Financial Gym to a reality. Throughout the process of looking for investor money, I experienced a number of highs and lows and ultimately found the perfect investor for my company, a former mentor of mine that I have known for over 10 years.
I thought that finding the investor money would be the toughest part of the plan, but I quickly learned that establishing a new company, including going through the process of trademarking that company while also trying to grow it at the same time was quite exhausting. Thankfully the business is doing great and I can’t wait to share with you my 2016 plans.
As far as the podcast, I started it as more of a hobby more than a year ago and it has led to one of my favorite professional endeavors. Through the podcast, I have spoken to so many interesting and fascinating “everyday people” about their life journeys and developed incredibly strong bonds with the other three women who share happy hour with me. The podcast highlight of the year, though, was winning the Plutus Award for Best Personal Finance Podcast at FinCon this year. I was up against some amazing podcasters, so it was a huge and pleasant surprise to hear my name called.
I hope you enjoy my top 15 of 2015 and have a very happy and healthy new year celebration!!
Top 15 Blog Posts
- 15 Ways to Invest in 2015
- 15 Ways to Save Money in 2015
- 15 Ways to Make More Money in 2015
- 15 Ways to Fight Debt in 2015
- 15 Ways to Save on Food in 2015
- Do You Get Saver’s Fatigue?
- Hard Work Sucks But Quitting Sucks Harder
- Women’s Power Wednesday
- Do You Have Financial Vampires?
- Music Mondays – Worth It
- Life is Unpredictable
- Don’t Get Cyber Violated Like Me
- When Hustling Fails, Let Gratitude Win
- Don’t Let Your Self-Worth Impact Your Net Worth
- Music Mondays – If I Had $1,000,000
Top 15 Podcasts
- Your Food Spending – Happy Hour Style
- Overcoming Financial Obstacles – Happy Hour Style
- 5 Dollar Dinners and More
- 5 Smart Money Tips for Millennials
- 5 Smart Money Tips for Couples
- Investing for Millennials
- Money Mistakes – Happy Hour Style
- Frugal Travel Tips – Happy Hour Style
- Personal Care Spending – Happy Hour Style
- Frugal Holiday Tips – Happy Hour Style
- Happy Hour Session 1
- Having Fun on a Budget
- Thoughts from a Student Loan Hero
- Ladies Talk Investing
- Financially Fabulous in Black or White