April is Financial Literacy Month, but more importantly it is also my birth month. In fact, tomorrow, April 19th, is my birthday, so in honor of the most special day of the year to my parents, and me I thought I would share ten facts about me that you may or may not know.
10) My Physical Challenge – The selfie that I am sharing above is a rare one as I don’t take them because according to my sister I have “T-Rex Arms.” Apparently my arms are disproportionately smaller than the rest of me. My hubby and son also like to make fun of my T-Rex arms whenever I can’t reach things.
9) My Biggest Failure – If I am ever asked about the biggest failure in my life, I always share that it was the C I got in Calculus in college. To this day, it is the lowest report card grade I ever received and I think of it as the Scarlet Letter of my education.
8) My Favorite Food – Without a doubt, my favorite food is pizza. I shared our homemade pizza recipe last week, but I love all kinds of pizza, even the gross square shaped slices we had in my high school cafeteria. If I had to eat one type of food the rest of my life, it would be pizza.
7) My Siblings – I have five sisters and one brother. I love them all dearly; however, because I grew up with so many of them, I now have an only child.
6) My High School – I attended an all-girls Catholic high school on Long Island, and it was one of the greatest experiences of my life. I joke that the all-girls experience gave me the strength and confidence to work as one of the only women in a male-dominated profession for 13 years.
5) My College – I graduated from Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, North Carolina in the Class of 2000. I applied to 9 schools and it was number 8 on my list of 9 that I wanted to attend. However, I had an amazing time there and it goes to show that good things can come from unexpected places.
4) My Biggest Fear – I recently shared all of the fears I have overcome, but one I am not sure if I will ever overcome is my fear of heights. In fact, it seems to be getting worse with age.
3) The Best Day of My Life – October 18, 2003, my wedding day. Some people may say that it is the birth of their child, but I always say that was the most painful day of my life, and I definitely did not want to have cameras on me after that experience. My wedding day was filled with fun, joy and love. Whenever I think about it I smile.
2) My Favorite Drink – I usually let my mood determine my drink of choice for the night, but I typically start an evening out with a martini. There is just something fun about a drink in that particular glass. In fact, I have a fun surprise coming up this summer that was inspired by martinis.
1) My Favorite Thing to Do – Laugh. I LOVE to laugh. I have a loud boisterous laugh, which used to make me insecure when I was younger, but I embrace it now. Laughter makes me feel better, and it makes others feel better. It is the greatest “free” gift we can give ourselves and others. And as you can see below, my son loves to laugh too.
What’s a fun fact about you?