So, not only did we have more snow earlier this week, but it is supposed to snow again today. This winter is really wearing me out. Anyway, this week I dedicated my blog to my beloved friend, Rob, who passed away suddenly at 40. He left behind a wife and two beautiful daughters, and his death made me think about how prepared I am for the unexpected. On Monday, I talked about keeping your finances always on your mind as a great first step in financial fitness. Wednesday I shared four ways to prepare for financial emergencies. On Thursday I discussed life insurance and its importance. On Friday I shared a great brunch recipe that uses bagels since I met Rob at the bagel store.
This week I really enjoyed the following posts:
- J. Money at Budgets are Sexy recapped his year, and as someone who is new to the blog world, I LOVE recaps and highlights of the year past.
- Speaking of recaps, Erin at Broke Millennial celebrated her one year blog birthday and shared some of her highlights and top posts.
- Grayson at Debt Round Up discussed the importance of changing your mentality to change your financial situation. He also had a great post on Frugal Rules about paying convenience fees.
- David at Young Adult Money wrote a blog about catastrophic health care plans that confused many of us with high deductible plans that I actually researched catastrophic plans on my own so I wouldn’t feel so “blonde.” 🙂
- Matt at Mom and Dad Money had life insurance on the brain like me. This week he wrote about how to choose the right type of life insurance.
Next week I am focused on the Super Bowl and becoming a champion of your finances. I have my fingers crossed for a big blog surprise on Wednesday. Send good blog thoughts my way!