With Women’s History Month in March, and I definitely had ladies on the brain this week with my Weekly Round Up. On Monday, I shared five inexpensive activities you could do with girlfriends or guy friends for that matter. On Wednesday, I kicked off my March activity, Women’s Power Wednesdays, where I am highlighting my favorite women-run personal finance blogs. And in a show of solidarity, I would love to thank, Budget Blonde, Club Thrifty, Girl Meets Debt and The Frugal Farmer for joining in the celebration. I was excited to not just support some bloggers, but to find new ones too! On Thursday I shared my review of my new favorite website, SmartAsset. My Top Ten for Friday was dedicated to great quotes about women.
Here are some posts I enjoyed this week:
- J. Money at Budgets are Sexy shared the top google searches that led people to his website. I always crack up when I see the google flow of how people find me, but he has some real winners. My favorites include: “How much does it cost groceries for asian family of 6?” “Can get by on bologna and cereal?” “How much would a star tatoo cost me in south africa?”
- Mel at Broke Girl Rich shared some great sites for getting free stuff. Who doesn’t love free stuff?
- Stefanie at the Broke and Beautiful Life shared about the financial challenges of a long distance relationship.
- Holly at Club Thrifty shared a reader comment which led to a discussion about stay at home moms vs. working moms.
- John from Frugal Rules discussed the MyRA plan proposed by President Obama to encourage people to save for retirement. It begs a question about what type of personal finance support the government should really be providing (at least in my mind.)
I know that I am highlighting women this month, but I just have to give a big shout out to John at Frugal Rules, it seems as though EVERY week that I do my round ups, which are only blogs that I have a) commented on, b) found interesting and c) talked about or thought about during the week, that I am always adding one from John’s blog. Frugal Rules is a site that I look forward to reading all the time. Great work John!
Next week I will be discussing friends and how they keep us financially fit. Enjoy your weekend!