Weekly Roundup: A Reflection on Bruising
This week I discussed financial, emotional and physical bruises and all of the lessons they teach us. I used the song Bruises by Train to illustrate these on Monday. On Tuesday, I had a guest post from Zillow about closing costs when buying a home to tee up my biggest financial bruise story on Wednesday. Thursday I shared the news that I am now writing for AOL Jobs thanks to lots of career bruises for inspiration. And Friday, I thought we could all use some reminders of how we can recover from bruising and shared my Top Ten underdog movies, most of which are based on true stories. Thursday I wrote on Young Adult Money about when it makes sense to pay full price.
Reads I Enjoyed this Week:
- Brian from Luke1428 wrote about your best investment and when I saw his headline in my Bloglovin feed, I hoped he was going to write what I was thinking, and he did!
- Laurie at The Frugal Farmer shared some great ways to save money on groceries including making homemade tortillas which is a recipe FB Hubby used (thanks to Laurie) and we LOVE.
- E.M. at Journey to Saving asked about the most expensive thing we owned after a large item like a house. I love that I had to think about what that item could be and I think it says a lot about us based on our answer. For me, it is my bed and it was worth every last penny.
- John at Sprout Wealth reminded us that if we want to make more money, we have to kick the excuses to the curb. Totally agree!
- Kim at Eyes on the Dollar shared how “easy” it is to pay off debt.