I just completed my first week back to work after vacation, and I am completely exhausted all over again, which is probably why I was focused on simplicity this week. On Monday, I shared the importance of taking the least complicated approach to your investments. Tuesday on AOL Jobs, I shared a day in the life of a financial planner, and I was on Budgets are Sexy talking about the ONE and only question you need to ask your financial advisor. On Wednesday, I talked about dealing with my post vacation body and how some of us need to deal with our post bad behavior financial statements. Yesterday, after realizing I needed to relax again, I shared my top ten ways that I relax when I am in between vacations.
My Favorite Reads of the Week
- Tonya from Budget and the Beach had two amazing posts this week, but I am going to highlight her one about being uniquely you. It’s not only an important life lesson, but a financial lesson as well.
- Mel at Broke Girl Rich shared 20 ways that you can go broke.
- Alicia at Financial Diffraction shared her frustrations in her work environment. As a 13-year financial services veteran, I can relate.
- Mike from Wealth Turtle shared on Debt Roundup an important money lesson for kids, and this is one that I practice all the time with my son.
- Holly at Club Thrifty shared the 5 items that she will not be buying this week, and her list made me almost pee my pants.
A big thank you to Melanie from Dear Debt for featuring me last week on her series “How My Blog Changed My Life.” I love that series and loved being a part of it. Thank you to Wise Bread, Magnify Money, Young Adult Money and My Stay at Home Adventures for highlighting my posts this week.
To add to the craziness of this week, FB Hubby and his dad began an ultimate DIY project, they are finishing our basement (or at least a portion of it). His dad is SUPER handy and Hubby wanted to do this with his dad before his dad got too old. Look for all the of the details soon on the blog. They are doing a great, but I feel a little like Jack Butler in this scene right now with everything going on at home.
I will be helping in the basement this weekend. What do you have planned?