My Week in Review
This week, my main focus here was credit cards, on Monday I shared how I stayed out of trouble with them and then on Friday I gave you my top ten ways to improve your credit score, just in case you did get into trouble. On Tuesday, I asked for your votes for the Plutus Awards and shared my expanded role on AOL Jobs. This week, I wrote about crying in the office and teacher’s back to school costs on AOL.
My favorite reads of the week
- Lauren at The Write Budget shared how to become a minimalist without even trying.
- Kassandra at More Than Money gave us a great emergency financial fire drill list. Are you ready?
- Natalie at Finance Girl gave us some great positive money affirmations to help us with our financial journeys.
- Shannon at The Heavy Purse gave us a great guide to get our finances in order should something unforeseen happen.
- Grayson at Sprout Wealth shared an awesome roadmap for starting a blog and how to make money from it.
- Tonya at Budget and the Beach talked about the importance of health acts of defiance.
I would also like to give a shout out to Erin (formerly EM) from Journey to Saving. On Thursday she came out of the anonymous blogger closet, that takes guts and I salute her for taking this big step.
Today I am participating in “Will Day” which is the day we declared to focus on my son, Will, since he has been incredibly patient through the basement finishing project (which is still not finished but getting there and looking awesome). This is part of how I balance my work and family life. I believe in quality, not quantity. Will is very excited about this day and his chance to dictate what we do all day. I am looking forward to spending quality time with my guys.
What are your plans this weekend?