This week, I started out with encouraging everyone to keep believing in your dreams financial or otherwise. It is amazing what you can accomplish if you just believe in yourself. I was inspired to write that post by my client who is achieving amazing goals herself and I talked about her on Wednesday. Since this is the last weekend of summer, I shared my top ten summer memories. On Thursday, I wrote on AOL about private student loans based on a writer’s experience with his. I hate student loans, but I REALLY hate private student loans. Finally, I was excited to be mentioned along with 36 other personal finance experts on US News & World Report as someone to follow on Twitter.
Here is what I enjoyed reading this week:
- Michelle at Making Sense of Cents shared 4 common mistakes made by the self-employed. I am definitely guilty of a few of these.
- Addison at Cashville Skyline asked why talking about money is taboo. I wonder about this all the time.
- Michelle at Budget Bloggess asked if Prince Charming was worth sacrificing your finances, and I say absolutely not! #girlpower
- Cat at Budget Blonde shared an awesome infographic featuring Cat and the Beans.
- Holly at Club Thrifty shared why they are saving for their kids college and it was almost as though I wrote it myself because I feel exactly the same way.
Today we are going to enjoy a beach day which was my son’s final summer request before he heads back to school next week, and then we will be doing some work around the house. Monday, despite the Labor Day holiday, I will be working, but that’s okay because I love what I do!