This week I had relationships on the brain. On Monday I shared the story of my two clients’ engagement and wedding plans. On Wednesday, I shared my own engagement story and focus on commitment in marriage and other areas of my life, and then on Friday I shared my final Friday top ten list. On Monday, I was featured on AOL Jobs responding to the Microsoft CEO’s comment about women asking for a raise. Thursday I guest posted on Frugalwoods about consistency as a key component of raising a financially aware child.
Here is what I enjoyed reading this week:
- My friend Stephanie at Empowered Dollar got naked with her finances and of course shared an awesome cartoon at the same time.
- Aldo at Million Dollar Ninja shared an awesome infographic about the benefits of living off campus versus on campus at college.
- Kim at Eyes on the Dollar compared her spending versus how many years it would take off of retirement.
- Lauren at The Write Budget asked about spending weaknesses and it’s important to know your enemy in the money spending game.
- Lance at Healthy Wealthy Income discussed the stock market and I have the same philosophy about stock bargains.
Thank you to Rockstar Finance, The Finance Girl, Young Adult Money and Kiplinger for highlighting my recent posts. Thank you to Erin Lowry for featuring me in her US News post regarding saving while in debt, and thank you Vanessa from Cash Cow Couple for inviting me to be a part of Woman Crush Wednesday personal finance style.
This weekend I am celebrating my 11 year wedding anniversary with the hubby at a little bed and breakfast not far from where we live, all paid for from side hustling, so we will really enjoy it.