Why Do Stocks Go Up?
I am excited to share this week’s episode with you as I have grown close to Linda Jones from the Be Wealthy & Smart podcast over the past few months; and I think that she is not only a smart investor, but she also communicates investment ideas in plain english. When I was on Linda’s show a few months back, I shared with Linda my son Will’s philosophy for investing, and Linda offered to come on my show and share her philosophy.
Many of us are afraid to invest in individual stocks because we feel like we might make the wrong decision, but as Linda shares, as long as you have a sound buying philosophy in place, you don’t have to stress as much.
What are we drinking?
Linda — Cosmo
Shannon — Dirty gin martini
- Linda is known as America’s Wealth Mentor.
- From an early age, she wanted to live a full life and not have limitations of money.
- Both Linda and Shannon love the book Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill.
- Linda made $2 million by the time she was 39 years old by controlling her own assets and investing.
- Today, ETFs are the trend in investing.
- One of the most important things to look at when choosing a stock is the company’s earnings.
- Linda suggests buying Investor’s Business Daily once a week to help you understand a company’s earnings.
- You should not buy stock in a company just because you love a product of that company.
- When buying stock, consider if the company is doing something, if they are doing it well, and if what they are doing is sustainable.
- If a company misses their earnings number, Linda says that might be an obvious time to not be in that stock.
- She says a good portfolio consists of at least 10 different stocks.
- Linda says because she has apps on her phone, she looks at her portfolio for a few minutes each day.
Random Three Questions
- What is your favorite TV show at the moment?
- What is a bucket list item that you have not achieved yet?
- If you could live anywhere else in the country, where would you live and why?
Connect with Linda: